|Video | Downloads | Tools | Status: Contact us for options
eBay, Craigslist, and e-Commerce Investigations
THIS CLASS IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ONLINE
Examples of what you can learn in this class:
– Introduction to auction websites and sales platforms
– Locating and profiling sellers and sales data
– Counterfeit profiling, UPC bar code lookups
– Using web scrapers to crawl and extract data
– Monitoring sellers and sales via RSS and alerts
Investigators will learn how to set up monitors to locate new sales listings on auction sites and online classified ad services. Sellers and their platforms will be profiled and, on eBay, recent sales activity will be documented. For counterfeit sales, we’ll also employ UPC bar code lookup services and trademark or copyright services to corroborate our findings. We’ll introduce basics for payment processing and enforcement.
This is the fourth class in the Website Investigations Track.