Examples of what you can learn in this class:
– IP address and network basics
– Domain name servers (DNS)
– How traffic is routed across the Internet
– How server locations can be obfuscated
– Error codes and how operators block you
Investigators will be introduced to the basics of how the Internet works with an illustration of Internet traffic between a laptop and a website. The core players are identified in this class and form an important foundation and understanding from the operator and investigator perspectives.
This is an introduction to the Basic Internet Track.