- 1 Top 10 Best bluetooth obd2 android in 2021 Comparison Table
- 2 Our Best Choice: Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Auto OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader Supports Torque, OBD Fusion app
Top 10 Best bluetooth obd2 android in 2021 Comparison Table
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH iOS DEVICES - (iPhones, iPads etc); OUR BLUETOOTH OBD2 scanner IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID OR WINDOWS DEVICES; For iOS devices, see our WiFi OBD Reader
- READ & RESET - Our OBD2 diagnostic scanner tool will work on all cars purchased in the USA model year 1996 or newer; Unlike other OBD2 scanners, ours works on ALL OBD2 protocols including J1850 and CAN; With our scan tool you can read & reset the check engine light on your car with ease
- REAL TIME - Monitor the diagnostic sensors in your vehicle in real time for things like O2 data, fuel pressure, EVAP system & more; Car reporting an EVAP code? Check your O2 readings to see which sensor is faulty and get it fixed; React quickly to problems like a professional mechanic
- HUGE APP SELECTION - 3rd party app must be downloaded to use; Choose from many OBDII apps such as Torque Pro, Piston, Dash Command, OBD Fusion & more; Some OBDII readers limit you in which apps you can use, not BAFX Products; Choose an app at a price that meets your needs
- This OBD2 scanner does not read ABS, SRS, TPMS or Oil Change lights; WARRANTY - 2 Year manufacturer warranty with USA based friendly support staff; Don't be left stranded by support
- Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with support for extensive third-party apps (such as OBD Fusion, Torque Pro and Car Scanner) can turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated car scan tool.
- Read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame data, reset check engine light, prepare smog test, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard and estimate fuel economy.
- Works with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (year 1996 or newer in the US, including pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles; may require special apps).
- Compatible with iOS (no Bluetooth pairing needed; connect in the app) & Android devices (head units not recommended). Easy to plug in and unplug. No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi, and it does not block internet access for other apps.
- A third-party App is required (check recommendations in the description below, some may require separate purchase). Comes with one-year replacement warranty.
- 【Excellent Compatibility】- Compatible with all Gasoline vehicles in OBDII interface, which support 9 OBDII protocols: 1.SAE J1850 PWM(41.6Kbaud) 2.SAE J1850 VPW(10.4Kbaud) 3.ISO9141-2(5 baud init,10.4Kbaud) 4.ISO14230-4 KWP(5 baud init,10.4 Kbaud) 5.ISO14230-4 KWP(fast init,10.4 Kbaud) 6.ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,500 Kbaud) 7.ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,500 Kbaud) 8.ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,250 Kbaud) 9.ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,250 Kbaud). (Not support Hybrid or electric vehicles)
- 【Suitable for system】 Mainly used with Android system phones, also supports Symbian system phones, Windows system PCs and laptops. Compatible App: Recommended Apps are Torque Pro, Torque Lite (free), OBD Car Doctor (free), etc. on Google Play.
- 【Smart Scanning】 Read diagnostic trouble codes, nonspecific and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 code definitions in the database).
- 【Easy to Use】Plug this OBD2 scan tool in your car's OBD2 port, turn on your car, enable Bluetooth on your Android phone or tablet, search for "OBDII" and pair with it (pin 1234), run the download App with simple settings and wait until it connects your car's ECU successfully
- Save time and money by finding out why the check engine light is on and fixing simple car problems by yourself! Read and clear check engine trouble codes, Check Engine Light using your phone or tablet and an OBD2 App.
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IOS DEVICES (iPhone or iPad)! Works with Android devices and Windows PC only. For iOS, please see the WiFi version or OBDCheck BLE. Very useful gadget for car owners to diagnose check engine light and monitor car sensors.
- Save time and money by finding out why the check engine light is on and fixing simple car problems by yourself! Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, reset check engine light, and check if your vehicle is ready for SMOG inspection.
- Access a whole new world of information about your vehicle directly on your phone, tablet or PC. View car performance, sensor data (Engine coolant & oil temperature, O2 Readings, Mass air flow, Fuel Trim, etc.), monitor fuel economy, create your own dashboard, and more to discover.
- A third-party OBD2 App is required such as Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, Car Scanner ELM OBD2, Dr. Prius and DashCommand. Turn your phone or tablet into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool.
- Compatible with cars and light trucks since year 1996 in the United States (domestic and imported, including 12V pickup trucks, and hybrid & electric vehicles such as Toyota Prius, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, Kia Niro etc). One-year replacement warranty.
- Turn your iPhone, Android device, or Windows PC into a professional-grade diagnostic scan tool
- Recommended adapter for FORScan, Torque, BimmerCode, Dashcommand, AlfaOBD, Carista and many more
- Enhanced OEM support for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda, Hyundai, Kia
- Clear Check Engine Light and get more live parameters (ABS, SRS, TPMS, etc) than any other scanner
- Over-voltage and battery drain protection, firmware updates
- Read/clear error codes, display their meaning, turn off MIL, show current sensor data, I/M readiness. Find out why check engine light is on before visiting a Mechanic - save money by fixing simple problems yourself
- Support 1996 and newer vehicles 12V light trucks that are OBDII compliant like Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volvo...
- Work with Android cellphone and tablet. Compatible Apps on Google Play: Torque, Car Scanner, OBD Auto Doctor…We recommend downloading free version first as there are many other Apps you may be interested in trying out
- Support a comprehensive range of OBDII protocols: J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, ISO9141-2, ISO14230-4 KWP, ISO15765-4 (Can-BUS)
- Warranty: 100% money back guarantee, 1-year replacement with professional customer service.
- HIGH SPEED SCAN TOOL: Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or phone into a super-fast, accurate automotive diagnostic device (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- WIRELESS DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE: Bluetooth scan tool is easy to install, safe to leave plugged in without draining your car’s battery, and features hackerproof wireless security
- FREE ANDROID APP & WINDOWS SOFTWARE: Includes OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz for Windows, and is compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand
- MAXIMUM VEHICLE COVERAGE: Works on more vehicles than any scan tool on the market including all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Your ScanTool is supplied with a 90-day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason, along with a 3-year repair or replace manufacturer warranty
- Any question, please email us, we will reply within 24 hours. We provide 3 months quality , and we will give you a refund or send you a replacement if you are not satisfied with our product. (please click our store address "Mesta outdoor" on the product page and then click "Ask a question", then you can contact us by e-mail. )
- The device works on OBD2 gasoline cars (1998 and newer cars in the USA), and EOBD cars (cars from Europe, gasoline cars from 2001). Bluetooth connection, no Batteries, Cables, or Switches. - Wireless (Bluetooth) 5 ~ 10 meters.
- Notice: 1. NOT for iOS ! For iPhone & iPad, please choose "Wi-Fi for iOS and Android". 2. NOT for Diesel vehicles. 3. For your vehicle to be OBD II compliant it must have a 16-pin DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dash and the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label must state that the vehicle is OBD II compliant.
- Suitable for system: mainly used with Android system phones, also supports Symbian system phones, Windows system PCs and laptops. Compatible App: Recommended Apps are Torque Pro, Torque Lite (free), OBD Car Doctor (free), etc. on Google Play. Work with Android cellphone and tablet. Or There are various Apps and installation instructions provided on the CD. But Partial Apps need to be charged. You can run the CD to select the appropriate App.
- How to use: Plug the device in your car's OBD2 port, start the car, enable Bluetooth on your Android phone or tablet, search for "OBDII" and pair with it (pin 1234), run the downloaded App with simple settings and wait until it connects your car's ECU successfully. If you use the same OBD on 2 or more cars, you need to disconnect Bluetooth and close App when finish testing one car, and re-match the Bluetooth when you insert the OBD into another car.
- More Codes: To understand the problem with your vehicle you need the complete picture. With an up-to-date modern scan tool, you scan deeper to read, understand, and clear more codes. Access information normally only available to professional mechanics on their most expensive scan tools.
- Real Fixes: Get unlimited vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians. Save time and money.
- No Cords: All the capabilities of an expensive scan tool (extended vehicle coverage, live data, etc.) combined with the power and convenience of your smartphone or tablet. No cords, no subscriptions, and regular free updates.
- Live Data: View live data and monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Configure the data sources, customize your view with various displays and colours, and log and export live data as a file.
- BlueDriver is proudly American owned and is the OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by professional mechanics and developed and supported by Professional Engineers.
- CHECK ENGINE YOURSELF - Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, reset Check Engine Light, view I/M readiness for SMOG check and real-time sensor readings (O2 Readings, EOT, EGT, Throttle, Boost, Speed, Fuel Trim, etc.) using your phone or tablet.
- DO MORE – With extensive third-party OBD2 Apps available on App Store and Google Play, you can get advanced features like enhanced diagnostics and PIDs on selected vehicles, examine the battery in hybrid & electric vehicles, customize and service selected vehicles, etc.
- WORKS WITH IOS & ANDROID - Latest model with support for more AT commands (requires app support), optimized firmware and reduced power consumption. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets via dual mode Bluetooth 4.0 (Classic + LE).
- UNIVERSAL VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY – Works with all OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (in the United States, vehicles since year 1996 are supported, no brand limitation). Supports all five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Easy to plug in & unplug, and won't obstruct legroom. NOTE: a third party App/software required to achieve all the functions (some may require separate purchase). Comes with mini carrying case. Perfect tool for car owners to check their cars at home or on the go.
Our Best Choice: Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Auto OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader Supports Torque, OBD Fusion app
Know your vehicle better
The vehicle in your garage can be as smart as your phone. Turn your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool and real-time performance monitor. The OBDCheck BLE directly plugs into your vehicle and connects to an OBD II App on your iOS or Android device via Bluetooth. Whenever you have a check engine light on or want to see how your car is performing, the OBDCheck BLE will be a very useful gadget for you.
Compatible with iOS & Android
Unlike normal Bluetooth adapters that only work with Android, the OBDCheck BLE also work with iOS devices via Bluetooth LE (no Bluetooth pairing is needed). It is also better than WiFi versions with much lower power consumption while allowing you to have access to internet for other apps via your cellular data without complex setting. You can also connect to the car Bluetooth at the same time.
Popular Compatible Third-party Apps (may require separate purchase from Google Play or App Store):
Torque Pro (Android only) – Popular vehicle performance, sensors and diagnostics tool.
OBD Fusion – Read DTCs & clear check engine light, create customized dashboards, estimate fuel economy, and much more, plus enhanced diagnostics & PID for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Toyota, Lexus, Scion & Nissan vehicles.
CAR SCANNER – See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
GaragePro – Read and reset fault codes in engine, ABS, airbag, plus many advanced features for selected vehicles used by technicians & car enthusiasts. (check app page or contact developer for details)
BimmerCode – Coding your BMW or Mini made easy (2008+, not suitable for G series).
BimmerLink – Read trouble codes and display sensor values in real-time for BMW (2008+).
bimmer-tool (BTool, Android) – Read & clear fault codes, request DPF regeneration, read engine live data and much more in BMW cars (2008+).
Carista OBD2 – Diagnose and customize selected Audi, VW, Toyota, Lexus, BMW.
JScan OBD – Read diagnostic trouble codes and live data in all modules for selected Jeep/ Dodge vehicles.
DashCommand – check engine light diagnostics, turns your phone or tablet into an advanced display for your engine data, customizable gauges.
Dr. Prius – Examine the health of the High Voltage battery for Toyota/Lexus hybrid owners.
Harry’s LapTimer – The advanced tool for car enthusiast.
1. It does not use WiFi to connect.
2. When using with iOS devices (iPhone or iPad), no need to & do NOT pair with “VEEPEAK” from the iOS Bluetooth device list. Please start the app, make connection setting and directly connect from the app. If you have tried to pair (resulting in a Not Supported error), please restart your iOS device.
3. Many Android head units are NOT supported.
Powerful, Reliable yet Affordable Scan Tool
Check why the Check Engine Light is on
The OBDCheck BLE helps you read the error codes causing the check engine light to come on. You may then find out what the possible causes are and fix simple problems by yourself and reset the light, potentially saving you a trip to a garage and hundreds of dollars. When you need to bring your car to a mechanic, it also gives you a peace of mind.
Powerful scan tool and more
With the proper app, you can do more:
· View real-time sensor readings,
· Monitor fuel economy,
· Create your own dashboard,
· Know whether your vehicle is ready for smog check,
· On specific vehicles, you can even have advanced features like enhanced PIDs, diagnostics and coding (requires capable App),
· And more to discover!
Universal Vehicle Compatibility
Works with 1996 and newer cars, SUVs, MPVs, mini vans and light trucks sold in the United States. Vehicles in other regions may also be supported:
Australia – 2006 (gas), 2007 (diesel)
Brazil – 2007 (gas)
Canada – 1998
European Union – 2001 (gas), 2004 (diesel)
Mexico – 2006, etc.
Communication Method: Bluetooth LE for iOS, Classic Bluetooth for Android & Windows
Supported Devices: iOS with Bluetooth 4.0 or above, Android phone & tablet (Android car radios/head units may not be compatible), Windows, Mac
Operating Voltage: 9V~16V
Operating Current: Max 45mA
Operating Temperature: -40~185°F (-40~85°C)
Dimension: 1.61″ x 1.97″ x 0.87″
1 x Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Scanner
1 x Storage Pouch
1 x User Manual
Troubleshoot common problems
1. Have trouble connecting to your phone?
(1) For iPhone, remember NOT to connect VEEPEAK from the Bluetooth Settings. As it uses Bluetooth LE, pairing is not needed and instead it will lead to an error. You just start the app to connect and the Bluetooth connection will be made through the app.
– What if I have tried to connect through the Bluetooth Settings and VEEPEAK no longer shows up?
Please restart your iPhone and VEEPEAK will show up again.
(2) If it does not pair with Android phones, try the following:
– Turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on. Try pairing a few more times.
– Restart your phone. Turn off WiFi. Disconnect any other Bluetooth devices from your phone.
– Clear Bluetooth cache/storage: Settings – Apps (show system) – Bluetooth – Storage & Cache, clear and restart the phone.
(3) Pairs with Android phone but disconnects quickly.
If VEEPEAK is paired with your Android phone, but only shows as paired or previously connected, don’t worry, normally it’s still connected. You just start the app to connect.
2. App could not connect to the Veepeak device.
– Make sure the App is compatible.
– Correct App connection settings are made (see user manual).
– Remove the app and re-install it (especially you have a system update).
– Try with another app, for example Car Scanner (free).
3. Could not connect to the vehicle/ECU.
– Make sure vehicle is OBD2 compliant and the device is plugged in well (not too loose or tight).
– Ignition is turned ON (or start the engine to try).
– Try on another vehicle or with another App.
Supports Vehicles (Cars and Light Trucks)
Works with Android & Windows
Works with iOS
Low Power Consumption
Easy to plug in and unplug
Small size for minimum space
Small size for minimum space
engine diagnostics, I/M readiness for smog check, battery test, live sensor data, etc.
engine diagnostics, live sensor data, I/M readiness for smog check, DTC lookup, etc.
Car Scanner, OBD Fusion, DashCommand, etc.
Android: Torque Pro, Car Scanner, OBD Fusion, DashCommand, etc.
iOS: OBD Fusion, Car Scanner, etc. Android: Torque Pro, Car Scanner, etc.
BimmerCode, BimmerLink, Dr Prius, JScan
Android: Dr Prius, JScan
Dr Prius, JScan
Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with support for extensive third-party apps (such as OBD Fusion, Torque Pro, Car Scanner, DashCommand) can turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated car scan tool.
Read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame data, reset check engine light, prepare smog test, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard and estimate fuel economy.
Works with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (year 1996 or newer in the US, including pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles; may require special apps).
Compatible with iOS (no Bluetooth pairing needed; connect in the app) & Android devices (head units not recommended). Easy to plug in and unplug. No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi, and it does not block internet access for other apps.
A third-party App is required (check recommendations in the description below, some may require separate purchase). Comes with one-year replacement warranty.